Information for Whitehorse Activities Club AGM 2012
We are pleased to invite you to the Annual General Meeting of the Whitehorse Activities Club Inc which will be held on Monday 15th August at 2:30 in the Burwood East Hall, Burwood Highway.
The two main items of business will be a review of the club’s activities in 2021-22 and the election of the committee of management for 2022-23.
In the event that the forthcoming election does not elect the three Principle officers ( president, secretary, treasurer ), then the incumbent president will move that the club be wound up and the proceeds be distributed in accordance with the club rules.
Should the motion to wind up be put and approved, then the incumbent president to put a motion to distribute the club assets in this manner and time table:
- That the club cease operations by September 30 2022. The club will continue to exist for a legally mandated period to allow creditors time to act and for the club’s affairs to be wound up.
- That the club allow the activities to retain the funds and assets that they have on hand or in the activity bank account.
- That the club encourages the activities to incorporate and continue to serve their members. To this end, the club will :
- Contribute $300.00 towards the incorporation costs of a seniors table tennis club based on Mahonneys Reserve
- Contribute $300.00 towards the incorporation costs of a line dancing club based on the East Doncaster Hall
- Contribute $300.00 towards the incorporation costs of a ballroom dancing club based on the Nunawading Hub
- Contribute $300.00 towards the incorporation costs of a social activities club based on the Forest Hill Resource Centre.
- Donate the balance of the funds to a well regarded charity. The committee favours an equal split between the Royal Flying Doctor Service and the Whitehorse Community Chest.
Please forward your intention to nominate for a committee role to the secretary/returning officer by August 4th.
Please RSVP your intention to attend the AGM by Monday 8th August,
Looking forward to meeting you on August 15th,
Whitehorse Activities Club Inc.
Please download the Nomination Form below.